To install new LED Lighting throughout their site, with ‘like for like’ replacements. However, the projects main goal, apart from brighter lighting in all areas, was to achieve the following requirements:
- Save Electricity Consumption
- Meet requirements for Carbon Grant
- Install whilst the store stayed operating, without ‘out of hours’ working
- Recycle where possible and follow environmental disposal requirements.
- Replaced existing fittings with quality LED Product from Ansell.
- Installed switching on banks of regular fittings, enabling selective isolation on the main shop floor.
- Installed fittings with daylight controls in external greenhouse area, to enable daylight harvesting (fittings adjusted output to meet a set LUX requirement)
- Installed fittings with photocell (only operate in set light level) in corridor function (10% level) and switch to full brightness via movement sensors to external walkway.
- Changed existing suspended ceiling fittings to LED Panels at half the electricity consumption.
- Completed all the necessary paperwork to ensure the terms of the Carbon Grant.
- All works carried out following H&S guidelines with appropriate access solutions, all working areas cordoned off as required.
- All disposal plans followed with recycling of existing lamps, metal fitting, carboard and plastic waste. Landfill disposal only of items not recyclable.
More Case Studies
Stewart’s Garden Centre – Broomhill
One of three large Garden centres of this family-run business took the opportunity to look at their kitchen and the way that they were serving their food, during the COVID…Read Article
Bristol Maid – EICR
Client Bristol Maid Hospital Metalcraft supplier and manufacture of hospital equipment located in Blandford.Read Article