To install new LED Lighting throughout their site, with ‘like for like’ replacements. However, the projects main goal, apart from brighter lighting in all areas, was to achieve the following requirements:
- Save Electricity Consumption
- Meet requirements for Carbon Grant
- Install whilst the store stayed operating, without ‘out of hours’ working
- Recycle where possible and follow environmental disposal requirements.
- Replaced existing fittings with quality LED Product from Ansell.
- Installed switching on banks of regular fittings, enabling selective isolation on the main shop floor.
- Installed fittings with daylight controls in external greenhouse area, to enable daylight harvesting (fittings adjusted output to meet a set LUX requirement)
- Installed fittings with photocell (only operate in set light level) in corridor function (10% level) and switch to full brightness via movement sensors to external walkway.
- Changed existing suspended ceiling fittings to LED Panels at half the electricity consumption.
- Completed all the necessary paperwork to ensure the terms of the Carbon Grant.
- All works carried out following H&S guidelines with appropriate access solutions, all working areas cordoned off as required.
- All disposal plans followed with recycling of existing lamps, metal fitting, carboard and plastic waste. Landfill disposal only of items not recyclable.
More Case Studies
TeamJobs EV Charge points
Team Jobs, a prominent recruitment agent in Poole, with several staff and a growing fleet of Electric Vehicles, required us to add more EV charge points in their site car…Read Article
Spaceway (IIAA) Project Cost – £320,000
Our client Spaceway South Ltd specialises in project management, design, mezzanine floors and storage for industrial and commercial businesses. This was a project for International Institute for Anti-Aging Ltd (IIAA) a skincare and cosmetics brand that sell…Read Article
Stewart’s Garden Centre – Broomhill
One of three large Garden centres of this family-run business took the opportunity to look at their kitchen and the way that they were serving their food, during the COVID…Read Article