Suitable charging solutions
We discuss all the different options available to your business, whether this is for your fleet, staff or customers and provide cost-effective advice. As we are electrical contractors first you can be assured that your installation will be done by fully qualified electricians and we will take into consideration that your charging solutions are suitable for your premises and future-proofed.
Benefits of installing EV charge points
It’s worth your business considering installing EV charge points; increasingly companies are putting in electric vehicle (EV) charging solutions at their facilities, as they look into the options of changing their company cars and fleets to EV or PHEV vehicles to reduce fuel and (electric) vehicle maintenance costs.
However, employees, customers and visitors are also switching to EVs as the market is improving on more affordable, attractive models now so there are many benefits to be gained even if you do not have a fleet to take into consideration.
- The environment: Establishes businesses as green leaders and helps achieve sustainability goals by pro-actively encouraging the societal shift to e-mobility
- Employee incentive: Create a great workplace where employees can charge their EVs and encourages employees to buy electric cars privately. Workplaces offering EV charging are more likely to attract and retain top talent.
- Reduce costs with government grants. The OLEV Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS)
- Information on Tax benefits for companies
The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS)
The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) is a voucher-based scheme that provides support towards the up-front costs of the purchase and installation of electric vehicle charge points.
- Businesses can apply for their WCS vouchers for a £500 (Inc. Vat) grant per socket (Up to 20 maximum or £10,000).
- To subsidise the installation of EV charging infrastructure at workplaces for the use of staff, visitors and fleet vehicles.
- You don’t have to have electric vehicles.
Eligibility for WCS
Eligibility checklist for a Workplace Charging Scheme:
- Can be claimed by any business, charity or public authority
- Please note, you can’t back-claim for existing charge points
- Must have off street parking
- Be able to outline a business need for electric vehicle charge points.
- Have the authority to apply for the workplace charge point voucher scheme on behalf of your registered company/organisation.
- The voucher is only valid for 120 days after completing the application.
The voucher will be awarded to your business however it is claimed back by GF Electrical Ltd who will complete all the relevant details to do so. Present your voucher at the time of accepting the quote.