About the role
DescriptionWe are pleased to announce that we are looking for an Apprentice to join our team of professional electricians serving a range of clients in the commercial, industrial and domestic sectors. If you are aged 16 and over and wish to become a qualified Electrician, build knowledge and skills on the job and earn while you learn then continue reading to see how to apply by the 23rd August 2021.
Your role will include
Some of the things that an apprentice will be learning to do in preparation to become an Electrician:
- Install, maintain and repair electrical services (eg. lighting, sockets, fire alarms, emergency lighting & heating controls)
- Work indoors and outdoors and be prepared to sometimes work at height
- Develop good working relationships with people
- Read both building and engineering drawings
- Understand wiring and circuit diagrams
- Select (within limits) materials and equipment
- Inspect and test electrical installations
- Diagnose and rectify faults on a range of circuits and equipment
- Write reports
As you can see, the job of the electrician is varied and interesting and can offer a challenging career.
Although we do not expect you to have any skills as of yet, the individuals that will stand out will be:
- Have a good grasp of Maths or Science (Grade 4 or above)
- Good team player
- Previous work experience of any kind
- Head for heights
- Be computer/tech savvy
Apply for this role
To apply for this role, you have two options. You can apply online using our easy to use form on this page or download the application form below and send via email to email@example.com attaching your application, opening letter/statement and CV.
We would prefer you complete the online form however if this is not easy for you, download and complete the following job application form (CV only applications will not be considered)
IMPORTANT: It is advisable not to do this on a mobile and it is essential you complete the pdf version saved to your computer not the internet version (this will not save your answers) You can download for free Adobe to be able to fill in the application form. Send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your opening letter/statement and CV.
Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within 14 working days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, however we will register your details for consideration against future opportunities.